As an Apprentice Arborist you will work alongside and be trained by our team of skilled senior Arborists and managers that will teach in-field the trade and give you the opportunity to show off and further develop your skills learned in school. You will move up through our 3 Apprentice skill levels by working on a variety of job sites and Arborist tasks from a combination of residential, commercial and utility customers.
We will invest in your career development and well-being by making sure you have the very best industry training on how to SAFEFLY remove trees by ground level, bucket operations, and climbing. You will gain the confidence and knowledge to tackle your exams at the end of your apprenticeship and assist in training and leading new team members.
Columbia is a growing company with offices in both Windsor and Toronto! We are looking for people who are reliable, hardworking and team players. Come be on a crew where you can grow with us and be a part of the next generation of leaders as we develop into new markets across the province! Relocation is available to the right candidates.
Other reason you will want to choose OUR Team:
- Full Time- Full Year Work
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance Benefits
- RRSP Match program
- Competitive Industry Wages and Relocation Funds
- Paid Uniforms
- Professional, Experienced and Knowledgeable Managers
- Paid Holidays and Overtime
- Company Team Events and BBQ’s
- Opportunities to Grow and Develop your career in the Green Industry
- Its Employees: You will always be treated with RESPECT and as an integral part of the company.
- Safety: Safe work practices are in place and enforced
- Continuous Training and Learning: We will support you to take new a course or become an trade apprentice.
To Be Considered and Qualified as an Arborist Apprentice YOU MUST Have:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Groundman/Arborist position or be enrolled in Arboriculture Post-Secondary Program
- Experience and knowledgeable to use all related forestry hand tools
- Valid G and DZ Driver’s License with safe driving record
- Outdoor field environment
- Remote locations as well as urban city environment
- Daily travel from site to site
- Out of town travel
- Walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease and all types of weather and temperature conditions
- Work on call as required for storm calls, respond and report timely and in good condition to perform work duties